It is highly recommended to ensure you update your firmware to the latest available when you receive your EggRider.
Display firmware is available in the downloads area or by selecting Downloads in the About page of the EggRider app.
This works only with Google Chrome browser and requires Bluetooth Low Energy device.
We successfully tested on PC, MAC, Android and iPhone.
Steps to update
- Backup your settings and ODO stats
Put EggRider in Update mode. With EggRider Display off, press Up+Power until it shows EggRider Updater screen
Go to Downloads section
- Select the latest eggrider_fw_v_xx_stable.zip (firmware version)
Do not extract
- Go to Firmware update website (Make sure to open in Chrome)
- Select Choose a firmware package
- Select the previously downloaded .zip file
- Choose Select device
- Select EggRiderBL from the list and tap Pair
- Wait until update is finished and display restarts
- Make sure the new firmware version is shown on the Search page
- If version is not shown correctly, disconnect from the display
- Pull down to refresh the display list, you should see the new version.
- Connect with the EggRider app to see that the update alert disappears.
If the update hangs, power off from the battery or unplug the cable and restart procedure.
Last update: December 1, 2021